The shades of Azure, especially electric blue are not only a huge trend for fall/winter 2012-13, but it is also a color that suits great to any skin tone. It is easy to combine, mix and match, so it allows you to create various outfits for different occasions. Here are five ways to wear electric blue, while feeling and looking sensational.
Electric blue is powerful color, representing strength and calmness. It is best to avoid wearing an outfit only made of this color, because, just like red, it can be too much, so won’t achieve the effect that you wanted. That is why combinations with red, white, pastels or bold colors are a better choice, and if you had any doubts how and what to wear it with, here are five outfits that will give you some answers. If you are still in doubt, feel free to ask and comment in the section bellow.
Same rules apply to royal, electric and cobalt blue, because they all have similar purplish undertones. Any of those shade mixed with black creates a strong and impressive look. Choose these colors for more formal events and make sure to add some vintage feel to an outfit, like a pair of pearl earrings. This dress is from new collection by Stella McCartney, but if you cannot afford this one, you can choose a cheaper simple one and add a collar necklace to it. If it gets extra chilly, you will need a coat in navy, which will give the look even more edge and style.
- Ankle Boots (zara.com)
- Tights (hm.com)
- Stud Earrings (kohls.com)
- Stella McCartney Dress (net-a-porter.com)
- See by Chloe Bag (endless.com)
- Coat (romwe.com)
For a more relaxed look, you can wear a pair of yellow ballet or oxford flats, a matching hand bag and a blue top or a blouse. The whole outfit is rather simple, so a pair of jeans and a denim jacket will just add more simplicity to this already casual look. You can dress it up a bit with a nice matching scarf or a bracelet. If you are looking for a low key outfit, choose lighter shades of yellow. If you want to stand out, bolder shades will do wonders.
- See by Chloe Mary Jane Flats (asos.com)
- Emilio Pucci Silk Scarf (stylebop.com)
- Planet Box Blouse (johnlewis.com)
- Skinny Jeans (my-wardrobe.com)
- Bracelet (etsy.com)
- Denim Jacket (mango.com)
- Francesco Biasia Calliope Bag (forzieri.com)
For women who enjoy romantic and feminine looks, shades of white and blues are a magnificent choice. These colors make an innocent and dignified look, so wear them when you want to outshine everyone else or for a special dinner just for the two of you. Lace, satin, studs and metallic details, will just add up to the versatility, creating an outfit that you can simply describe as lovely. For a more dramatic look, use a red lipstick in the shade that is perfect for your skin tone.
- Collection Organza Skirt (jcrew.com)
- Alice by Temperley Blouse (josephm.com)
- A.F.Vandevorst Blazer (farfetch.com)
- Amanda Spk (envishoes.com)
- Rouge Dior (pret-a-beaute.com)
- Stud Earrings (jcrew.com)
- Clutch (usa.frenchconnection.com)
In order to soften up this mighty shade of blue, you can use pastels and neutral colors, like tan, beige or mint green. This is an outfit great for transition period and you can wear it during days and nights, whenever you want to look like you didn’t really try o hard to create an outfit. It is casual and elegant at the same time, so you can choose to dress it up with appropriate jewelry or simply leave it this way for some less formal occasions.
- Joe’s Jeans Helena Shoes (heels.com)
- Clare Vivier Clutch (stefanibags.com)
- Gypsy Floral Earrings (baublebar.com)
- Paul Smith Pants (stylebop.com)
- Cardigan (oasis-stores.com)
- Amor&Psyche Top (jades24.com)
With Reds and Browns
Darker shades of red and brown are an excellent choice for fall days. While you can use hot red to create a color block look, these earthy shades look classier and much more feminine. This is an outfit that one could call “dress to impress,” because it shows off your figure, accents the sexappeal, while not reveling a thing. Capes are another big trend for fall/winter 2012-13, and they look their best with oxford shoes or a pair of clog inspired pumps. Mix and match colors and fabrics and dare to wear something a little unusual, while exploring old and current trends.
- Fornarina Pumps (shopstyle.com)
- Diane Von Furstenberg Skirt (farfetch.com)
- Love Moschino Cape (theoutnet.com)
- Necklace (endless.com)
- Vivienne Westwood Red Label Blouse (liberty.co.uk)
- Stella McCartney Clutch (youheshe.com)
Cover photo: lamode.info