Basically, you can choose to wear leather on leather, mix it with fur, lace or velvet, choose between fall’s favorite colors or stick to all time popular black. Here are six ways to wear leather trend and if you have any questions or suggestions, don’t be shy, but ask and comment in the section bellow.
Leather items can be rather pricey, so you have to choose pieces that you won’t regret buying. Also, try to think practically: how many times can you actually wear a leather shorts and wouldn’t it be better if you choose a leather skirt? What about the colors? If you like vivid colors, it is great to invest in a hot red leather piece. But, if you are more into natural colors, stick to shades of brown and olive green. Also remember that leather is a powerful fabric, so don’t over do it with lots of accessories. Check out the hottest fall outfits and see how and where to wear these amazing leather pieces.
One Fine Day
Let’s start out with the basic leather look. This is a classic casual look, ideal for windy, cold days. Jeans and a sweater with a scarf in nice pastel color of your choice, paired with a leather jacket with fur and a matching bag is a combination you can wear during days and nights. However, tri color shoes with fringes and a chunky heel are what make this outfit memorable and outstanding. This is an outfit appropriate for any age and it requires only one good investment: a pair of brogue shoes, which will make any outfit more stylish and unique.
- Knit Jumper, Plain Top (mango.com)
- Shopper Bag (puma.com)
- Jigsaw Scarf (johnlewis.com)
- 7 For All Mankind Jeans (shopbop.com)
- Rick Owens Leather Jacket (farfetch.com)
- Santoni Brogue Shoes (farfetch.com)
We’ve seen many versions of little black dress, but the latest hit trend is bodycon leather dresses, that are made for women who enjoy showing off their curves in a respectable and extremely sexy way. For a formal night out, wear this dress with oxblood accessories and velvet fabrics, combining some of the hottest trends of the season. Instead of a jacket or a coat, choose a daring oversized cape, made from satin and a long necklace in gold.
- Duchess Satin Cape (burberry.com)
- Emilio Pucci Clutch (mytheresa.com)
- Oscar de la Renta Earrings (marissacollections.com)
- The Row Leather Dress (net-a-porter.com)
- Jason Wu Velvet and Leather Sandals (net-a-porter.com)
- Lanvin Fringe Necklace (forwardforward.com)
A Step Ahead
After seeing Burberry’s fashion show for season spring/summer 2013, I developed a minor obsession with this iconic fashion house. While shinny leather is a must-have for cold days, you can always go one step ahead, like a true trendsetter, and wear a metallic trench in a vibrant deep pink. With a matching fedora hat and a printed dress, all you need is a pair of black heels and a matching clutch, items you already have. The whole look is pretty simple, with a dramatic twist you made by wearing this magnificent trench coat.
- Christian Louboutin Shoes (net-a-porter.com)
- Zapara Dress (pamelascott.ie)
- Lancôme Lip-gloss (bloomingdales.com)
- Michael Kors Knot Earrings (neimanmarcus.com)
- Lanvin Box Clutch (matchesfashion.com)
- Patrizia Pepe Wool Hat (forzieri.com)
- Burberry Bright Metallic Trench Coat (burberry.com)
After Burberry’s stunning metallic trench, it is time for a more relaxed outfit, made for fall days. While you can choose to wear leather shorts and still look stunning, I went for classic denim, simply because we all have at least one pair. With a pair of printed tights, leather cross-body bag and United Nude heels, you can go out and about or visit the hottest night club. Leather, biker jacket in red is a great way to avoid gray days and you can wear it for many years to come.
- United Nude Ankle Boots (yoox.com)
- Bag (reedkrakoff.com)
- Tights (hm.com)
- Eugenia Kim Fedora (net-a-porter.com)
- Marella Scala Ruffle Top (houseoffraser.co.uk)
- Denim Shorts (awear.com)
- Guerlain Gloss (neimanmarcus.com)
- Karl Onyx Leather Biker Jacket (net-a-porter.com)
Naughty but Nice
If you are looking for a sexy, but elegant mini, this Lanvin knit leather skirt is a perfect choice. It is versatile and appropriate for both days and nights. You can wear it on a date or even to the office. Since the skirt is black, I added some colors to the outfit. Purple and light olive green created a soft and pleasant color block effect. In order to soften the outfit up even more, a silk blouse and a nice little cardigan gave it a modest and lady- like style. With a pair of drop earrings and a leather jacket, which can be worn as a cape, you are ready to take over the town.
- Maison Martin Margiela Jacket (brownsfashion.com)
- Court Shoes (wallisfashion.com)
- Lanvin Leather Skirt (net-a-porter.com)
- N.Peal Cashmere Cropped Cardigan (theoutnet.com)
- Alexander Wang Blouse (theoutnet.com)
- Rochas Tote (net-a-porter.com)
- Amelia Drop Earrings (stelladot.com)
Even though fall’s color trends are a bit dark, the combination of tan and red is not only trendy, it is light and very feminine. It may not be the best color combo, like black and electric blue, but no one should be a fashion slave. Although I used items from Marni, Chloe and Burberry, you can find these items for much less at high street brands. A leather coat is not a piece you should wear only one season, so focus on quality. Wear it with a cute, printed dress, warm leggings and a bold pair of hot red boots. To add some glamour, choose a handbag that is eye-catching and outstanding in terms of shape and fabrics.
- Chloé Boot’s (yoox.com)
- Zohara Leggings (pret-a-beaute.com)
- Tunic Dress (scotch-soda.com)
- Necklace (otteny.com)
- The Burberry Blaze Bag (burberry.com)
- Marni Leather Coat (mytheresa.com)
Cover photo: cristinahh.wordpress.com